To understand behaviour and to develop the skills and understanding of how to promote positive behaviour and respond appropriately to incidents of challenging behaviour.
- Understand how legislation, frameworks, code of practice. and policies relate to positive behaviour support
- Understand the context of proactive and reactive strategies
- To be able to promote positive behaviour
- To be able to respond appropriately to incidents of challenging behaviour
- To be able to review revised approaches to promoting positive behaviour
- Consider strategies that support the individual needs of all children
- Working with parents
Length of course: 2.5 hours.
Target audience: Staff working with young children in early years settings who are adhering the the EYFS.
This course supports the Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements within the Early Years Foundation Stage (2017). Its focus for Ofsted inspection sits within the Leadership and Management and Personal development, behaviour and welfare judgment areas of the Common Inspection Framework (2015).