To provide important information regarding the safeguarding of children enabling delegates to respond confidently and appropriately should they be concerned about the safety and welfare of a child.
- Safeguarding – a legislative context/historic influences
- Understanding and applying Local Authority ‘Thresholds of Need
- Early Help and its role within safeguarding
- Recognising signs and indicators of abuse and neglect or that a girl may have been subjected to (or is at risk of) female genital mutilation
- Responding to a disclosure
- Information sharing
- Current/emergent themes, CSE, FGM and Prevent
- Allegations of professional abuse
Length of course: 3 hours.
Target audience: Early years providers and practitioners including childminders.
This course supports the Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements within the Early Years Foundation Stage (2017). Its focus for Ofsted inspection sits within the Leadership and Management and Personal development, behaviour and welfare judgment areas of the Common Inspection Framework (2015).