Aims of the course:
The aims of this two day course (6th & 7th February, 9.00am-4.00pm) are to understand the role of the first aider including references to the importance of preventing cross infection; the need for recording incidents and actions; and the use of available equipment.
This course is compliant with the Early Years Foundation Stage 2017 and covers the following areas:
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from anaphylactic shock
- Help a baby or child who has had an electric shock
- Help a baby or child who has burns or scalds
- Help a baby or child who has a suspected fracture
- Help a baby or child with head, neck or back injuries
- Help a baby or child who is suspected of being poisoned
- Help a baby or child with a foreign body in eyes, ears or nose
- Help a baby or child with an eye injury
- Help a baby or child with a bite or sting
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from the effects of extreme heat or cold
- Help a baby or child having: a diabetic emergency; an asthma attack; an allergic reaction; meningitis; and/or febrile convulsions
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider (including appropriate contents of a first aid box and the need for recording accidents and incidents)
Length of course: 12 hours in total (2 sessions).