FULLY BOOKED: Click HERE to view other dates
(eLearning module & 6 hours face to face training)
Health & Safety Solutions have developed an excellent interactive elearning module to work alongside its face to face paediatric first aid course (Participants MUST have completed the online module prior to the face to face session).
The paediatric first aid course meets the Ofsted Early Years and Childcare Register requirements.
Duration: 6 hrs online* then 6hrs with the Trainer face to face.
*Blended option – this involves 50% of the course being completed online. We issue the delegate with a link to our online course and this is then completed individually and at the delegate’s own pace. The delegate will attend one day face to face training to complete the practical element of the training and the Trainer will assess competency.
Course content: Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child:
- who is unresponsive and breathing normally, including child and infant resuscitation
- who is unresponsive and not breathing normally
- who has suffered a spinal injury
- who has a foreign body airway obstruction
- with external bleeding or conditions affecting eye, ears, nose
- with injuries to bones, joints and muscles.
Understand how to administer emergency first aid to an infant and a child with a chronic medical condition or sudden illness:
- sickle cell crisis
- diabetic emergencies
- asthma attack
- allergic reaction (anaphylaxis)
- febrile convulsions.
Understand how to administer first aid to an infant and a child:
- who is experiencing the effects of extreme heat and cold
- who has sustained an electric shock
- with burns or scalds, stings, bumps, grazes, splinters, bitten, poison
Cost: £70+vat per person