Health & Safety Solutions have developed an excellent interactive elearning module to work alongside its face to face paediatric first aid course (Participants MUST have completed the online module prior to the face to face session).
The course is approved and accredited by FAIB (First Aid Industry Body). The course content meets Ofsted requirements for first aid training in Early Years settings.
The Blended Paediatric First Aid Course comes in two parts and is only £70+vat per person:
Part 1 involves completing our interactive elearning module and can be done any time before you attend the face to face training. You will be sent a link to the elearning module when payment has been received for the course.
Part 2 is a one day face to face course where you will learn and demonstrate all the practical sections of the course.
The elearning module has been designed to give learners the theoretical knowledge needed to accompany a practical face to face training day.
The online course can be completed on any PC or mobile device. Learners can study at their own pace and log in and out as often as they wish.
1. Appeals to all learning styles with interactive quizzes, video and audio features
2. Allows learners to work at their own pace, testing their knowledge as they progress through the course
3. Provides a very thorough resource for those with English as a Second Language to equip them with the vocabulary, language skills and confidence to pass a practical course
Assessment: Self checks after each section of the course and an end of course multiple choice assessment
Certification: On successful completion, learners can download a certificate as evidence that they have passed the course and a certificate will be given at the end of the face to face training session.
This course is compliant with the Early Years Foundation Stage 2017 and covers the following areas:
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from anaphylactic shock
- Help a baby or child who has had an electric shock
- Help a baby or child who has burns or scalds
- Help a baby or child who has a suspected fracture
- Help a baby or child with head, neck or back injuries
- Help a baby or child who is suspected of being poisoned
- Help a baby or child with a foreign body in eyes, ears or nose
- Help a baby or child with an eye injury
- Help a baby or child with a bite or sting
- Help a baby or child who is suffering from the effects of extreme heat or cold
- Help a baby or child having: a diabetic emergency; an asthma attack; an allergic reaction; meningitis; and/or febrile convulsions
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider (including appropriate contents of a first aid box and the need for recording accidents and incidents).