This course is perfect for those ‘just qualified’ staff or childminders who want to further their understanding of the EYFS. Ideal for those who want to refresh their knowledge and develop best practice.
- To understand the requirements of the statutory guidance of the Early Years Foundation Stage and how to deliver this in your setting
- To understand best practise in early years, the overarching principles and the context in which these take place
- To understand the importance of the learning and development requirements in delivering high quality teaching and learning that meets the needs of the children
- To understand the importance of assessment in early years and how to use this to support children’s development and progress
- To understand how safeguarding and welfare requirements must be followed to ensure children are kept safe and well
Length of course: 2.5 hours.
Target audience: Early years practitioners in schools, early years settings including childminders.
This course supports the Learning and development areas within the Early Years Foundation Stage (2017). Its focus for Ofsted inspection sits within the Leadership and Management, and teaching, learning and assessment judgment areas of the Common Inspection Framework (2015).