This course will provide delegates with an understanding of the process of Ofsted inspections for early years provision. It will support providers in their preparation and readiness for inspection drawing upon Ofsted guidance and experience and knowledge from trainers who have inspected early years provision.
- Understanding the descriptors and guidance in all judgment areas within the Common Inspection Framework
- Meeting the safeguarding and welfare requirements
- Using self evaluation to improve outcomes for children
- Gathering evidence, tracking children’s progress individually and in groups
- How to conduct joint observations within the context of inspections
- Practical advice for child-minders
- Demonstrating outcomes and impact of use for those in receipt of the Early Years Pupil Premium
- Managing the inspection – on the day guidance and advice to ensure positive outcomes
Length of course: 6 hours.
Target audience: Early years practitioners in schools, early years settings including childminders.
This course supports all areas within the Early Years Foundation Stage (2017). It is underpinned by all judgment areas of the Common Inspection Framework (2015).