The course is designed principally for those who are, or intend to be, food handlers. A food handler is any person, in any type of food business, who handles food, whether open or packaged (food includes drinks and ice).
The way allergens are labelled on pre–packed foods is changing be- cause of new regulations. The Food Information Regulation, which came into force in December 2014, introduces a requirement that food businesses need to provide information about the allergenic ingredients used in any food they sell or provide.
Course objectives will look at:
- food safety hazards
- temperature control
- refrigeration, chilling, and cold
- cooking, hot holding and food
- principles of safe food
- food premises and
- the main non–food allergens & the 14 main food allergens
- the main categories of food hazards
- preventing cross–contamination
- allergen handling PPE
- separation of products
- cleaning and colour coding, cleaning stages, validation, and verification of cleaning
- the EU Food Information Regulations, 2014
- allergens in catering
*There will be a multiple choice exam at the end of the course.
£45+vat per person