Aims of the course:
This two-day face to face training course (4th and 5th February, 9.30am-4pm) updates the First Aid skills of those who need to renew their First Aid at Work certificate. The course covers the contents of the First Aid at Work course. This course also covers using a defibrillator. Delegates will receive a AED certificate valid for one year alongside the First Aid at Work certificate valid for 3 years.
Course content includes:
- the role of the First Aider
- Health & Safety Regulations.
- First Aid kits
- managing an emergency
- Communication and casualty care.
- Head and spinal injuries
- CPR/Unconscious casualty/Choking/Drowning/Allergic reactions/Heart attack/Angina/Stroke
- bleeding/Bandaging/Broken bones/Burns/Scalds/Poisons/ Asthma/Epilepsy/Diabetes
- and all other common conditions and injuries.
It is a requirement that the designated first aid certificate is updated every 3 years.
This course enables participants to update their original designated qualification.
£80+vat per person
Includes unlimited tea & coffee, books and certificates.