Aims of the course
This three–day face-to-face course (15/16/17 September) comprehensively covers the practical skills needed by First Aiders in the workplace. It meets the standards required to help employers comply with The Health & Safety at Work Act (First Aid) Regulations 1981. This course also covers using a defibrillator. Delegates will receive an AED certificate valid for one year alongside the First Aid at Work certificate valid for 3 years.
Course content includes:
- the role of the First Aider
- Health & Safety Regulations
- First Aid kits
- managing an emergency
- Communication and casualty care
- Head and spinal injuries
- CPR/Unconscious casualty/Choking/Drowning/Allergic reactions/Heart attack/Angina/Stroke
- Bleeding/Bandaging/Broken bones/Burns/Scalds/Poisons/ Asthma/Epilepsy/Diabetes.
- And all other common conditions and injuries
Designed for anyone wanting to be the Designated First Aider in the workplace.
£130+vat per person; includes unlimited tea & coffee, books and certificates.