Aims of the course
This course will provide the designated lead for safeguarding and child protection in school with up-to-date knowledge of the current child protection agenda. It will consider best practice in regards to safeguarding children and young people taking into account challenges and complexities of working within a multi-agency context.
Course content includes:
- Legislation and Government guidance – Keeping children safe in education.
- Systems that keep children safe
- Responding to disclosures
- Recording important information
- Getting referrals through the ‘front door’
- Working across all levels the threshold of need
- Early help, child in need, child protection
- Chairing multi-agency meetings
- Managing allegations against professionals
Target audience: Those responsible for the designated safeguarding lead role in Schools/Colleges