To enable those responsible for taking the designated professional lead role for safeguarding and child protection to understand their role and responsibilities in respect to safeguarding requirements.
The course takes into account the needs of those managing and supervising staff within early year’s including the role of child-minders. This course is the next level from our Safeguarding Children course.
- Using professional judgements to make decisions as to whether a child is suffering, or is likely to suffer significant harm
- Understanding the thresholds of need (bespoke LSCB requirements)
- Supporting others in their agencies to recognise and respond to abuse and neglect of a child or young person
- To understand and provide appropriate supervision and support for staff, particularly when they are engaging in child protection processes. (working with child-minder assistants)
- Working with parents – maintaining a child centred process
- Having difficult conversations
- Effectively working with children’s services, collaboration and challenge
- Managing ongoing suitability of staff working with children
- Managing allegations against a professional
Length of course: 3 hours.
Target audience: Those responsible for the designated safeguarding lead role in early years settings including childminders.