Aims of the course
This three-day course (7th, 8th and 9th March) comprehensively covers the practical skills needed by First Aiders in the workplace. It meets the standards required to help employers comply with The Health & Safety at Work Act (First Aid) Regulations 1981. This course also covers using a defibrillator. Delegates will receive a AED certificate valid for one year alongside the First Aid at Work certificate valid for 3 years.
Course content includes:
- the role of the First Aider
- Health & Safety Regulations
- First Aid kits
- managing an emergency.
- Communication and casualty care.
- Head and spinal injuries
- CPR/Unconscious casualty/Choking/Drowning/Allergic reactions/Heart attack/Angina/Stroke
- bleeding/Bandaging/Broken bones/Burns/Scalds/Poisons/ Asthma/Epilepsy/Diabetes.
- And all other common conditions and injuries.
£130 plus VAT