This course will support practitioners to address the care of babies as referenced in the EYFS Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements. It will help in their understanding of the importance of working with babies and young children to support their learning & development.
- To have understanding of development and learning of babies and young children
- Brain development in the early years
- To be able to promote the learning of babies in accordance with the EYFS & characteristics of learning #
- To assess indoor and outdoor environments & activities
- Understand the attachment need of babies – key worker system and possible effects and poor attachment theories
- To be able to engage with babies and to be sensitive towards their needs
Length of course: 2.5 hours.
Target audience: Early years practitioners working with children 0 – 2 yrs of age.
This course supports both the Safeguarding and Welfare Requirements and Learning and development areas within the Early Years Foundation Stage (2017). Its focus for Ofsted inspection sits within the Leadership and Management, Personal development, behaviour and welfare and teaching, learning and assessment judgment areas of the Common Inspection Framework (2015).